Friday, March 4, 2011

Review - Musashi's

Musashi's

Food: 
Ambiance:  
Service: 

I have driven by this place a million times and I've said to my SO, "We should try that place sometime..." But the line out the door always changes my mind. It's a tiny little restaurant located in Wallingford, right down the street from Archie McPhee's! The restaurant seats maybe 25-30 people, so it's easily crowded.

We had good timing, arriving around 6:30pm, and we only had a 5 minute wait. That was a relief. We had a back up plan to go somewhere else in Wallingford if the wait was more than 15 minutes. I really hate waiting for a table, but on rare occasions, I'll be patient and wait.

Chirashi $14

I decided to have the Chirashi. Chirashi is basically just seasoned sushi rice topped with a variety of sashimi. The sashimi on top of the rice consisted of 2 pieces of Unagi (cooked, seasoned Eel), 1 piece of Ebi (Shrimp), 4 pieces of Shiro Maguro (Albacore Tuna), 4 pieces of Maguro (Tuna), 4 pieces of Sake (Salmon), 4 pieces of Hamachi (Yellowtail) and 3 pieces of Hotate (Scallops) topped with Tobiko. At $14, this is a great bargain! My only complaint about the Chirashi is the size of the pieces of sashimi. Each piece was enormous, and cut really thick - around 1/4" thick - I think I prefer smaller pieces of sashimi. But it was good, the fish was fresh and it was such a large portion, I only ate about half.

Yaki Onigiri $3

One thing my SO loves to find is Yaki Onigiri (grilled rice balls). Musashi's version is really great, and comes with Takuan (pickled radish) on the side. They season the rice with soy sauce and maybe dashi? I am not sure, but it is fantastic.

Beef Teriyaki Skewers $2.50 each

He also had the beef and chicken teriyaki skewers. Sorry, I didn't snap a photo before he gobbled them up. The chicken was definitely better than the beef, the beef skewers were a little under seasoned, and maybe too "beefy". But the skewered meats went well with the Yaki Onigiri!

We will definitely come back, the grilled rice was definitely the highlight of the meal. I think next time we will just get takeout, the dining area is just too small to really enjoy your meal. Service was great though, although forgetful at times, they were fast! Oh, and they are cash or check only, good thing my SO hit an ATM earlier that day...







Musashi's
Wallingford
1400 N 45th St
Seattle, WA 98103
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday 5:00pm - 9:30pm
*Cash or check only!*


Musashi's on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment