Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Review - Bouchon

Bouchon

Food: 
Ambiance: 
Service: 

Being that I am another devoted Thomas Keller fan, I try to make my way to his restaurants whenever I am vacationing nearby.  I have dined at all three Bouchon locations and enjoyed each one!  The decor of each is very similar as is the ambiance.  All three spots have the wonderful French Bistro bustle during the day, I just love that! I love Bouchon for lunch or better, brunch.  Amazing.  The food is consistent amongst all three locations, which I find outstanding.  That's not an easy task to accomplish!


The Las Vegas location doesn't accept reservations for Brunch or Lunch, so you may need to plan to wait a little while for a table.  It's usually not a very long wait, and you can wait in the bar area.  They have cozy seating in the bar too!  

Bouchon Chicken & Waffles

I often have a hard time trying new things on a menu once I have found a perfect dish.  Especially if it's a location that isn't close to home.  At Bouchon Las Vegas during brunch it's the Chicken and Waffles ($25).  Roasted chicken with bacon and chive waffles that are crispy and as light as air. It's served with an amazing Sauce Chasseur, or Hunter's Sauce.  I think the chicken and waffles may be a venue to eat the sauce.  It's a wine sauce with chunks of onion, mushrooms and tomatoes.  Amazing. And oddly, it pairs extremely well with the maple syrup! This dish is to die for and I have a hard time ordering anything else.  I believe this dish is only available at the Las Vegas location...

Croque Madame at Bouchon

Another brunch item that is outstanding is the Croque Madame ($17.95).  Perfectly cooked egg atop a toasted ham and cheese sandwich with thick slices of sweet brioche, and served with frites. The frites are pretty good, but not the best I've had.  The Croque is available at all locations for brunch or dinner.  

Some highlights from the menu for dinner are the Terrine de Foie Gras de Canard ($48.50), a fabulous Foie Gras terrine served with a toasted baguette.  If you enjoy Foie, it's amazing! This is available at all three locations. (You can also buy the Foie Gras terrine at Bouchon Bakery in Yountville!  

If you feel like splurging, the Grand Plateau ($110) is amazing - it's a tiered serving of seafood, and all of it is amazing. Lobster, oysters, shrimp, crab, mussels... wow.  truly impressive! This is also available at all locations.  

Bouchon Las Vegas

The Truite aux Amandes ($27.50), or pan roasted trout with haricots verts, almonds and buerre noisette was good, but a little salty.  I have only tried this dish at the Yountville location, and I probably won't try it at another.. I didn't love it.  

The Steak Frites ($34.50 - $36.50) is solid.  Again, I don't love the frites at Bouchon, I like my fries crispier with more of a potato flavor.  I love the skins on my fries.  But I am not trying to bag on the frites at Bouchon, they are good, just not the best.  You really can't go wrong with this dish.  It's available at all three locations.

Another dish available at all three Bouchons is the Poulet Roti ($26 - $29.50), or roast chicken.  It's really amazing, and the same recipe is served with the Chicken and Waffles above.  

Bouchon Bloody Mary

I highly recommend any of the Bouchon locations, however if you are in Yountville and have only one night to choose a meal, I would recommend Thomas Keller's Ad Hoc, over Bouchon.  In Vegas, or Beverly Hills, it's definitely worth scouting out and waiting if you can't get a reservation.  

Bouchon
Yountville
6524 Washington Street
Yountville, CA 94599

Hours: 11:30am - 12:30am

Bouchon
Las Vegas - The Venetian
3355 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, NV 89109

Breakfast: 7:00am - 10:30am
Mid-Day Oyster Bar: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
Dinner: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday 8:00am - 2:00pm

Bouchon
Beverly Hills
235 North Cannon Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Brunch: Saturday - Sunday 11:00am - 2:30pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: 5:30pm - 10:30pm



   


Bouchon on Urbanspoon

Bouchon (Venetian) on Urbanspoon

Bouchon Bistro on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment