Monday, March 21, 2011

Review - Pie


Pie

Food:
Ambiance:
Service:

I wanted to love this place, I love the idea of a place that sells only pies! It seems that there are cupcakeries on ever corner in every city now. During a moment of weakness on a lazy Saturday afternoon while strolling the stores in Fremont, my SO and I wandered into Pie. I grabbed a Berry Awesome Pie and he got a Cherry Pie.

First, they aren't served warm, but it appears that the savory pies are kept warm. They look amazing, you can buy little tiny pies, about the size of a 2 bite brownie, or you can get the larger hand pies for about $5. So my biggest critique when it comes to pie is the crust. I love a crisp, buttery, flakey crust. I don't like undercooked pie, I don't like hard inedible crusts either. The pie crust at Pie in Fremont is thick, a little chewy, and really lacks flavor. I felt so disappointed at first bite. The berry filling was tart, and not very sweet. I mean, I don't want syrupy sweet filling, but this one was just underwhelming.

Berry Awesome Pie

Cherry Pie

This place is fairly new... So maybe they will improve over time, I hope they work to perfect the crust. Perhaps I will go back to try one of the savory pies, but for now, looks like I am going to have to just bake my own!

Pie
Fremont
3515 Fremont Ave
Seattle, WA 98103


Hours: Tuesday - Saturday 8:00am - 7:00pm, Sunday 11:00am - 5:00pm


Late Night: Friday - Saturday 9:00pm - 2:00am

Pie on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment