Monday, March 14, 2011

Review - Aloha Ramen

Aloha Ramen


Food:  
Ambiance:  
Service: 

When the weather is this cold, I crave noodle soups.  Whether it be a big bowl of Pho, or Udon, I love them all!  Today, we decided to give Aloha Ramen a try! 

Kimchi Ramen with Chicken $8

I had the Kimchi Ramen with Chicken instead of Pork.  The bowl is enormous, and there was no way I was going to be able to finish it all!  It had a really generous portion of kimchi, as well as bamboo shoots, tofu, corn, kamaboko (steamed fish cake) and chicken.  The chicken left a lot to be desired, it was unseasoned boiled chicken breast.  I think next time I am going to go for the vegetarian bowl.  The corn was kind of non existent when I mixed everything together, but it was still really fantastic ramen!

Pork Gyoza $4

The Gyoza were ok - nothing outstanding, I believe they make them in house.  I like that they fry them until they are partially crispy, but they just seemed like standard pork gyoza. 

Garlic Fried Rice with Chicken $5.50

The fried rice was pretty good... My SO said it was the highlight of the meal... It was a really generous portion for $5.50.  FInely diced chicken, scallions and rice topped with fried garlic.  Yum.  

The restaurant is tiny, and fortunately we had good timing and snagged the last 2 seats at the counter.  There was a large group of about 6 people behind us, and they took up most of the restaurant.  This will be a great takeout spot for us, since we live close by.  If you need a soup takeout container, they cost .50 each... weird... 

Aloha Ramen
Greenwood
8102 Greenwood Ave N
Seattle, WA 98103
Lunch: Wednesday  - Sunday 12:00pm - 2:30pm
Dinner: Wednesday - Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm

Aloha Ramen on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment