Saturday, March 26, 2011

Review - Citrus

Citrus

Food: 
Ambiance: 
Service: 

I have been trying to decide how to review this place. Do I review just the food? Do I criticize the ambiance of this place, solely because of the clientele? I guess I just need to be honest.

We recently dined/"partied" at Citrus for a friend's birthday.  I don't think this is a place I would have picked for myself, but it was my friend's birthday.  Of course we will go!  Plus, we were able to get coupons through Dealswarm, $20 for $40 of food and drinks, and there wasn't a limit on how many could be used for the group, so everyone was able to use a coupon!


First, the location is great, the decor is well, it's almost like it wishes it were Vegas.  Neon lights, and over abundance of flat screen TVs.  Actually, if it weren't for the MMA match on, I may have gotten really sick of the scene at Citrus. Dinner was at 7:30 on a Saturday, and the place was practically empty.

So we started off with drinks, which weren't very good, they were all pretty sweet, "girl drinks".  I had the Cucumber Melon something, and it was almost undrinkable.  I ended up using a few lemons to cut the sweetness, but I still didn't finish the drink.

The menu seemed promising, an extensive list of sliders, everything from Kobe beef to crab cake sliders!  Our group had an assortment of dishes amongst us, we may have possibly tried everything on the menu!  Service was good, the servers were really attentive, but the food took quite a while to start coming out, and when it did, it wasn't really consistent.  They just kind of brought stuff out when it was ready.  People who ordered first got their food last, and people who ordered last, got their food first. strange.  No big deal though, we were watching the fight.

First, and it was a complaint across the entire group of us, everything was EXTREMELY salty.  Not just a little salty, it was so salty, my lips felt dry.  I am not a person that is sensitive to salt either, and this was just all too much.  Fortunately they keep the water glasses full!  I started with the French Onion Soup - ugh, gross. It wasn't very warm, cheese was nearly non-existent, and it was really gross. Salty onion broth with chunks of slimy onion and a really thin slice of stale bread on top.  Don't bother with this.

Then I tried the Chicken Bacon Ranch Sliders with Fries.  First, the Fries were not bad, but totally ruined because of the crazy amount of salt.  It almost burned your tongue. GROSS!  The bacon was overly salted, it was like they added salt to the bacon after cooking it. gross.  I also tried the Kobe Bacon Blue Slider - Again, wayyy too salty.  Even the Bleu cheese had salt added.  Seriously Citrus??? Tone it down, the food would have been a million times better!  The one redeeming quality for the sliders was the bun.  The Macrina Bakery bread was fantastic!

So, by the time we were done eating, it was like the floodgates opened up.  The clientele is well, predominately full of well, douchebags and douchebagettes.  It's freaking cold outside, yet girls unfit to be in mini dresses were rockin' skin tight red satin mini dresses, I even saw a leopard print body suit. seriously??? I felt like I was in a time warp.  So, despite the small dance floor, there was no dancing.  It was packed full of DBs and DBettes standing around, doing, well, nothing.  It's definitely a "sausage fest" there were about 3 guys to every girl.   I saw a few guys with sunglasses, at freaking night.  That fashion statement should have died with Corey Hart's career.

We stepped out of the "club" and broke out into uncontrollable laughter.  You have to laugh at the spectacle. It was an experience, that's for sure!  Needless to say, I don't plan to return... ever.

Citrus
Lake Union
1001 Fairview Ave N
Seattle, WA 98109

Citrus Tapas Grill and Lounge on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment