Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Review - Bottega Ristorante

Bottega Ristorante

Food:  
Ambiance: 
Service: 

On a recent trip to Yountville, My SO and I decided to try Bottega, we loved the outdoor patio overlooking the garden area.  We opted to sit outside which was perfect.  It wasn't too hot out, it wasn't too cold.   I didn't realize that Bottega was Food Network chef Michael Chiarello's Napa Valley restaurant, until after our dinner when we visisted Napa Style, the store right next to the restaurant.  




The food at Bottega was good, but nothing was outright amazing, This is why I chose a 3 star rating... I did love the ambiance of the patio, it was cozy, and comfortable.  It felt private, even though passersby could probably hear our conversation.

Roasted Baby Golden & Chiogga Beet Salad

For dinner I started with a salad of roasted baby golden & chiogga beets, Point Reyes blue cheese &pistachio vinaigrette.  I love beet salads, and this one was one of the better ones.  The beets weren't overcooked, they were perfect.  The blue cheese wasn't overpowering and the salad was very refreshing!

Braised Short Ribs (sorry for the horrible pic)

Next I chose the smoked & braised short ribs with preserved Meyer lemon spinach and smokey jus.  The beef was really tender, but a little fatty, untrimmed.  I don't mind a little fat here and there, but this one had a little too much.  The jus lacked in flavor a bit, so I wasn't really impressed.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart with Banana

Perhaps we made bad choices in what we ordered? I am not a huge peanut butter fan, so I wasn't impressed by the dessert either.  It was a rich chocolate peanut butter filled tart topped with a banana, ice cream and a chunk of a dry peanut butter cookie.  Meh.  It looks pretty.  We ended up getting Macaron's at Bouchon Bakery on our way back to the hotel after this sad dessert. 

Dinner at Bottega was a pleasant experience, but not a place I would recommend.  After realizing it was Michael Chiarello's restaurant, I was surprised that we were so let down.  I've watched his show, and I have even followed some of his recipes in the past.  Bummer... 

Bottega
Yountville
6525 Washington St, A9
Yountville, CA 94599

Bottega on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment