Saturday, March 12, 2011

Review - Lecosho

Lecosho

Food: 
Ambiance: 
Service:

Definitely all about the pork! Lecosho's logo is a pig after all! I chose this restaurant to celebrate my meat loving friend's birthday, and it happened to be during the Dine Around Seattle promotion! It's a great way to sample some of Seattle's restaurants. For $30 you get a 3 course meal, often it's an appetizer, entree and dessert.


Lecosho is located at the Harbor Steps, midway down the steps between 1st and Western.  Our table wasn't ready when we got there, so we sat in the Bar for a drink - The bar area is small, but nice, the only thing I would change is the windows behind the bar that look out to a not so great view of the gates to the Harbor Steps.


While most of the table went with the Dine Around Seattle menu, I chose to order from the regular menu. I started my meal with Zoe's Spicy Coppa Salad ($9). Thin layers of hot coppa (raw, cured meat, similar to proscuitto) topped with roasted beets, greens and goat cheese. The salad was really good, the dressing was a little salty, but the sweetness of the beets balanced it out well. I am not a big fan of goat cheese, but this was light and fluffy, and went well with the beets and the spicy coppa. And the spicy coppa was actually spicy, I loved that part!   The dining area is really dark, I could barely see my food, let alone take a discreet photo with my iPhone.


For my entree I chose the Lecosho Porchetta ($17). It was a really generous serving and pretty fatty, as I expected. It was seasoned perfectly too! The porchetta sat atop giant white beans, turnips and greens. The beans were really good, I am not sure exactly what kind of beans they were, maybe corona beans?

I ended up sharing half of my porchetta with the birthday girl, and she shared half of her Brined Carlton Farms Pork Chop. Oh am I glad she did! That pork chop was phenomenal! I think I liked that much more than my own dish! The pork was full of flavor and was cooked perfectly!

I opted not to have dessert and just took a couple bites from my SO's Semolina Custard Cake - that was good. It wasn't too sweet either. Light and airy with a hint of lemon. Yum!


I would recommend Lecosho, especially if it's during the Dine Around Seattle promo!  I've heard that Lecosho has a great Happy Hour too!

Lecosho
Downtown Seattle (at the Harbor Steps)
89 University St
Seattle, WA 98101

Lunch: Monday-Saturday 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday-Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Happy Hour: Everyday 3:00pm - 6:00pm
Late Night Happy Hour: Sunday-Thursday 10:00pm - 1:00am, Friday-Saturday 11:00pm - 1:00am

Lecosho on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

  1. I'm really excited about celebrating my birthday here on Friday! Do you have other restaurant recommendations around the same area? We are also going out on Saturday night, since a girl's birthday celebrating is always about a week long ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kinds of foods do you like? I really enjoyed Japonessa, which is only like a block away and it's almost always Happy Hour there - my review with pics is here: http://absolutelymonica.blogspot.com/2011/02/review-japonessa.html

    If you want something similar, The chef that started Lecosho also has Matt's In The Market - Classic Seattle cuisine, good food... If you want more suggestions, let me know!

    ReplyDelete