Friday, May 13, 2011

Review - Seatown Seabar and Rotisserie - Seattle, WA

Seatown Seabar and Rotisserie

Located next to Etta's in the Market is Seatown Seabar and Rotisserie, another Tom Douglas creation... The menu consists mostly of seafood for obvious reasons, and unfortunately there isn't much for my SO to eat here.



We arrived during Happy Hour on a Saturday... The HH menu consists mostly of the smoked fish selections, I wasn't really in the mood for smoked fish that day,  I decided to have the Dungeness Crab BLT.

Dungeness Crab BLT $16

This sandwich was fantastic!  The crab is lightly tossed in a spicy Sriracha mayo, with pickled green tomatoes, bacon and lettuce on a soft and chewy roll.  The chips are some of the best chips I've had, light and crunchy and obviously made in house.  I crave this sandwich!

Bread with butter and lardo $3

My SO's experience wasn't quite as good.  I've probably stated this before, but I don't understand why TD has decided to start charging for bread?  It's still complimentary at Palace Kitchen, so what gives?  This bread wasn't even as good as the Dahlia House Loaf served up at the Palace.  The Lardo wasn't great, it wasn't seasoned enough.  

Tin Willow Tomme with Rhubarb Rose Jam $5 HH (reg. $8)

Another disappointment. The rhubarb jam wasn't very good, the cheese was a really small slice for $5, or even $8 during non Happy Hour times.  The Castelvetrano olives were probably the highlight of this dish, but we can get those anywhere.  Bummer.

Overall, not really impressed with the menu selection.  I will likely return if we're in the area, but it's not a place I'm willing to rave about just yet. 

Seatown Seabar And Rotisserie
Pike Place Market
2010 Western Ave
Seattle, WA 98121

Monday - Saturday 8:00am - 10:00pm
Sunday 8:00am - 9:00pm
To-Go Counter: 11:00am - 7:00pm


Seatown Seabar & Rotisserie on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment