Saturday, February 12, 2011

Review - Serious Pie SLU pt. 2

I went back to Serious Pie this weekend, 8pm on a Saturday night and no wait for a table! Fantastic! I walked in knowing what I wanted to order - The pizza with brussels sprouts, pancetta, caramelized onions & ricotta cream.

I looked at the menu and to my disappointment it was gone!! Turns out that this isn't a regular menu item and the SLU location is now able to come up with their own concoctions, the brussels sprouts is one of the Downtown locations creations. Urgh. I was let down to say the least.

So I decided on the pizza topped with Yellowfoot chanterelles and truffle cheese.

Yellowfoot Chanterelles with Truffle Cheese $16

My pizza was good, but lacked something. It has a very delicate earthy flavor from the mushrooms and truffle cheese. I don't think I will order this one again, it got a little boring after the third piece...

So, instead of devouring the entire pizza, I decided I wanted to have dessert! We shared the Chocolate Budino with sea salt & olive oil. It was to die for! Rich and creamy, and the tiny biscotti was a perfect accompaniment!

Hmm.. Although I love that we haven't had to wait for a table at Serious Pie's South Lake Union spot I might just have to go back to the Downtown location just for my favorite pizza!




Serious Pie - South Lake Union
401 Westlake Ave N
Seattle, WA 98109

I also love Tom Douglas's cookbooks for inspiration and recipes for some of the famous dishes are even available in the books!  I've provided links to the ones I own below...




Serious Pie on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment