Sunday, February 20, 2011

Corso Como - Leonor Ankle Boots & Ludlum Mary Jane Pumps

I love Corso Como shoes!  They are well made, with gel insoles that make for very comfortable shoes.  When I was in my 20s I lived in 4 inch stiletto heels, with surprisingly very little pain.  I didn't even own a pair of flat shoes.   A friend once called them the CFM shoes.  At some point between 25 and 30-something, I decided that I would save the heels for special times, and stick with practical shoes while trotting around in Seattle's not so predictable weather.   

Enter, Corso Como.   This line focuses on comfort without compromising style - well, at least for most of their shoes.  The shoes have a padded liner, and most of them have flexible soles too.  Some of the heels go up to 4-5 inches, and they are definitely more comfortable than your average high heel.

Corso Como Leonor Ankle Boots in Smoky Gray $70.50 (reg. $235)

I have been eyeing these boots for quite awhile, but wasn't sure about the $235 price tag.   They are still full price at Nordstrom, so I have been waiting to find them on sale.  Then finally I was able to buy them for $70.50 at one of the sample sales at Hautelook!  I would say these boots are good 8-hour shoes, and by "8-hour shoes", I mean that I would feel totally comfortable in these for a typical 8-hour day, not constantly on my feet for 8 hours, of course.  But those people with a higher threshold for pain will likely have no problem on their feet in these all day long.

If you haven't used Hautelook, give it a try!  Shipping can often take up to a month, which I don't really love, hopefully they can improve that soon.  But I have found great deals on shoes, clothing and especially cosmetics... A while back they had a huge Urban Decay blowout, everything was $2.  I stocked up on shadows, glosses, makeup brushes, and also gave a ton of UD stuff as gifts for Christmas. The sales typically start at 8am PST each day and usually last for 24 hours, but good things sell out quickly!  However, I have missed out on an item, only to see it re-appear on Hautelook a few weeks later.  Also, if you sign up through the links provided on my blog you and I will both get a $10 credit after a purchase is made.  (This policy may change, I am not sure how long the promo is effective.)

So, while I was shopping the Corso Como sale, I picked up, yet another gray pair of shoes.
Corso Como Ludlum Mary Jane Pumps $55.50 (reg. $149)

Another pair of 8-hour shoes!  These are comfortable, the heel is not too high and they look great with skirts or pants.  They are well made, and about the same level of comfort as the boots above.  They are still available at Nordstrom for full price, in Smoky Gray, Black and Taupe.  If you are too late to scoop them up on Hautelook, you may also be able to find them on other sample sale sites.  I have seen Corso Como shoes on sale at IdeeliGilt and Rue La La too!

No comments:

Post a Comment