Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Recipe - Vietnamese Sandwiches (Banh Mi)

Vietnamese Sandwiches (Banh Mi) 

One of my favorite sandwiches is the Banh Mi.  Here in Seattle we have several restaurants that sell them for anywhere between $2.50 - $10.   We enjoy the International District's Saigon Deli $2.50 chicken or pork Banh Mi, and in Ballard, The Monkey Bridge serves up a tasty beef version for about $7.75 (it comes with soup too!).  This is my version, perfect when I have left over Lemongrass Pork.  This week, since I had already made Bun, I was able to use most of the same ingredients to make these savory and sweet sandwiches. 

Serves 2

Ingredients:
Preheat an oven to 300 degrees F. Slice the baguettes lengthwise and toast in the oven until warm.  Spread a small amount of mayonnaise on the bread and layer the pork, cucumber, carrots and radish, jalapeno and cilantro.  Serve warm.  


No comments:

Post a Comment