Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Bowl Sunday - Guacamole Football Field

Monica's Guacamole Football Field

Serves 15-25


Ingredients for Guacamole:
  • 10 Avocados, ripened
  • 1 Red Onion
  • 4 Roma Tomatoes, ripened
  • 3 Limes
  • 3 Jalapenos (optional)
  • 3 Garlic Cloves, peeled
  • 1 bunch Cilantro
  • Goya Adobo Seasoning
Additional Ingredients to assemble the football field:
  • Sour Cream
  • Cheese Dip
  • Salsa, preferably Chunky Style
  • 2-3 Cherry Tomatoes (optional)

Peel and pit the avocados and put them in a large bowl. Squeeze the lime juice over the peeled avocados.  Finely dice the red onion and tomatoes.  

 

Add the onion and tomatoes to the bowl of avocados and lime juice. Chop the cilantro and add it to the bowl.  Finely mince the garlic cloves and jalapenos and add them to the bowl. 


Mash the avocados and mix all of the ingredients together.  I like to start with forks, then move to a large spoon spatula.  I prefer to leave the guacamole chunky.  Add the Goya seasoning a little at a time, to taste.  I used between 1/2 and 1 teaspoon of seasoning for this recipe.  As an alternate you can use salt.


Pour the guacamole into the center of a rectangular tray or dish.  Spread it evenly, reserving room on the sides for the cheese and salsa.  Pour the cheese sauce into one side of the tray, and spread evenly.  I used Tostito's Smooth and Creamy Cheese Dip.


Pour the salsa into the other side of the tray and use a spatula to smooth it out.  I used Whole Foods Medium Salsa for this recipe. 


To pipe the lines for the field, you can use a pastry bag, or spoon the sour cream into a plastic zip bag and trim the tip of the corner to use like a pastry bag.  Pipe lines to resemble a football field - I am not the greatest at piping, so my lines are a little crooked! 


Place the "football field" on a larger serving tray or a large cookie sheet.  Surround the field with tortilla chips.  Additionally you can add small tomatoes to the field to represent the football players! 

10 comments:

  1. I just found this on pinterest and it looks so good.... I must try this out on our next wii party... Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute dish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha this is so cool. I am going to try this too! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so great! Love your blog :)

    Jenny
    www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea and presentation! Thanks for sharing the "how to"! I featured it on my blog http://lifeinthethriftylane.blogspot.com/2012/01/friday-night-finds-super-bowl-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tomato chunks for the offense and black olives for the defense. Do it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Making this for Superbowl Sunday tomorrow! Hope it turns out- it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will make this for tomorrow night! ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well it's another year and time for another super bowl.

    I found your unique & very cute football themed appetizer via Pinterest. I wanted to let you know that I shared your picture and linked your blog to my story. I hope you enjoy my post regarding this year's Super Bowl. http://retireforthefunofit.com/super-bowls-broncos-seahawks-sexy-enough/

    ReplyDelete