Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Review - Piroshky, Piroshky - Seattle, WA


Piroshky, Piroshky - Seattle, WA

What better way to return to my blog than to rave about one of my favorite indulgences in Seattle!  Piroshky, Piroshky in Pike Place Market... Not to be confused with other Piroshky spots scattered throughout the city.  I think this spot might be the best one!


One of my favorite things to do on a Sunday morning is touring through Pike Place Market, precisely at 9:45 - before the crowds arrive and just as the vendors are done setting up for a 10am opening.  I like to look in the windows I've walked by millions of times, smell the fresh baked goodies at Piroshky, Piroshky and Le Panier.  However, if you wait too long to get your Piroshky fix, you end up in a line that moves quickly, but doesn't seem to end.  

Menu at Piroshky, Piroshky

Although the menus are posted on the doors, it's often hard to decide what you want from the list.  It's impossible to decide until after you enter the tiny little bakery and see the case of goodies ready to be devoured! 


For under $5, you can treat yourself to an assortment of pastries.  Sweet, savory, vegetarian, meat... All of them are fabulous.  They are fast, and they are ready to take your order, without much time to sit and ponder the vast selection...  I usually know if I want sweet or savory before I get inside, and I know if I can't decide what I want after looking, I will either get the Apple Cinnamon Roll or the Beef & Cheese Piroshky.

Apple Cinnamon Roll at Piroshky, Piroshky

This time, I decided I was craving something savory, so I went with the Beef and Cheese.  It's hot and salty, with ground beef and cheese inside a raised doughnut like exterior.  YUM!  This one is easy to eat as you walk, since there is only a few seats in Piroshky, Piroshky.  It's better to eat outside anyways... But we usually make our way through the market before the morning bustle.  

Beef & Cheese Piroshky $4.65

If you're at the market, give them a try.... don't be too intimidated by the line, it moves fast, and be prepared to order quickly to keep that line moving! 

Piroshky, Piroshky
1908 Pike Place
Seattle, WA 98101

Piroshky Piroshky on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment