Friday, July 15, 2011

Review - Toulouse Petit - Seattle, WA

Toulouse Petit

After doing a little shopping at Urban Craft Uprising my Mom, my friend and I decided to go to Toulouse Petit for lunch.  I just returned from a week long cruise to Alaska (which I will blog about soon) where the food was absolutely horrible, and I was craving something good, anything good.  A little spicy Cajun/Creole food on a sunny day in Seattle sounded great!


Toulouse Seafood Gumbo $13

After looking over the overwhelming selection of choices on the menu, I decided to order the Toulouse Seafood Gumbo - A bowl of saucy spicy goodness!  The seafood wasn't overcooked, the shrimp, crawfish and red fish were tender and delish!  The spicy Andouille sausage added just the right amount of heat.  The gumbo itself had some spice but it was really perfect!  The lunch sized portion was really generous too.  This was a good, solid seafood gumbo.  Thank you Toulouse for breaking my horrible food streak!

Yellow Beets with Haricots Verts and Pistachios

My Mom ordered the soup and salad combo for $13, so she got the Beet Salad and the Crispy Fried Chicken Gumbo.  We all shared our dishes, so we could try everything.  The beet salad was really good! The golden beets were sweet and cooked perfectly, not too firm, and not mushy.  The haricots verts (green beans) were crunchy and went well with the beets.  We both love a good beet salad!   This one hit the spot!

Crispy Fried Chicken Gumbo

Ok, if you feel like indulging in a little deep fried chicken love, this would be the way to do it!  This was by far the best dish that was on our table!  The giant chunks of chicken were super crispy, with the spicy gumbo, ahh.. I'm craving this dish as I type this.  I think my Mom ordered the perfect lunch, but it's a pretty big portion for one person with the gumbo and the beet salad.   My friend and I didn't hesitate to take her offer for "tastes" of her food.  It was really really good.

Housemade Andouille with Red Beans and Rice $11

When my friend said she was ordering the red beans and rice, I thought, hmm.. interesting.  With all of the choices on the menu, this girl is going to order a bowl of beans and rice? It sounded kind of bland.  I actually didn't even see it on the menu.  But then it arrived and WOW.  This was the mildest of the three dishes we tried, the Seafood Gumbo being the spiciest.  I didn't try the Andouille, since I had some in my gumbo, but the beans and rice were full of great flavors.  Again, another amazing dish.  I'll never think of red beans and rice the same.  :)

Side of Frites $5

As if we didn't have enough food ordered, we shared a side of Frites.  The frites were good, golden and crispy. But they didn't hold up so well as they got cold.  They were still some of the better frites in the city, the best being at the Palace Kitchen of course!

My Mom is excited to come back soon and try their breakfast.  I am excited to go back for the Crispy Fried Chicken Gumbo - I am sure it won't be long until we return, hmm.. maybe even as soon as this weekend?!  Let me know Mom!

Toulouse Petit
Queen Anne
601 Queen Anne Ave N
Seattle, WA 98109

Toulouse Petit on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. good looking food, wish I can try some if only I'm not in a fruit diet I will rush to the nearest place I can to grab some good food.. (well fruit is good as well) but I really like to at least have some grilled salmon...

    ReplyDelete