Monday, April 25, 2011

Review - Simply Desserts - Fremont - Seattle, WA

Simply Desserts

Although I do appreciate a Trophy cupcake from time to time, I really prefer a slice of cake. The perfect ratio of frosting and cake - not to mention it's so much easier to eat!

Simply Desserts in Fremont owns my sweet tooth. Whether it's the Chocolate White Chocolate or the Blueberry Lemon - every single bite has been heavenly.


Strawberry White Chocolate Cake at Simply Desserts

My favorite cake is the Strawberry White Chocolate - perhaps because this one particularly reminds me of my childhood... But I love it! The cake is moist and dense, it's not too sweet, but it is heavy. The filling is a lightly sweetened cream with fresh strawberries and the frosting, OMG the frosting. Well, I think it's just sweetened butter to be honest. It's definitely the consistency of butter, a little salty, a little sweet, and extremely indulgent!

Chocolate White Chocolate Cake at Simply Desserts

Another favorite is the Chocolate White Chocolate - same buttery frosting but with chocolate cake and chocolate shavings on top!

The Lemon Blueberry cake is awesome - it's not extremely tart, the lemon flavor is mild. Fresh blueberries fill the layers and garnish the top. Mmmm...

My friend's favorite is the Orange Pumpkin Cake - I am not a huge fan of spiced cakes, but when the holidays roll around, forget pumpkin pie - this hits the spot.

I could go on about each of the cakes I have tried.. But truly, I don't think you can go wrong here. Everything is amazing!


If I were to have one small complaint - it's the writing on the cakes. If you want "Happy Birthday" or any other sentiment, they have horrible piping penmanship - it actually ruins what is otherwise a gorgeous cake. Ahh well...


They are open pretty late for a bakery and slices are $4.95, whole round cakes range from $36-$38.

Simply Desserts
3421 Fremont Ave N
Seattle, WA 98103

Hours: Tuesday-Thursday 12:00pm to 10:00pm
             Friday & Saturday: 12:00pm to 11:30pm
             Sunday: 12:00pm to 6:00pm
            Closed Mondays

Simply Desserts on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment