Friday, April 1, 2011

Review - Cafe Campagne

Croque Madame $15
Cafe Campagne

There's something to be said about vacationing in your own city.  My SO and I love to go to places we have walked by or driven by a million times, and act like tourists.  Case in point, Pike Place Market.  Unlike the typical tourists spots with bad, chain restaurant foods, Pike Place has some really awesome foodie spots.



One Sunday morning, while browsing the market just before it opened and the bustle begins, we stopped in Cafe Campagne.  I have walked by this place hundreds of times, but never stopped in, either because I was not hungry, or I was in a hurry.

We were delighted by the intimate French bistro feel, without the French bistro noise.  Both of us decided to have the Croque Madame with frites.  This may be one of the best Croques in the city - Perfectly cooked egg on top of crispy bread - fantastic!  The frites were amazing as well, crispy, not too oily and piled high on the plate!

I am looking forward to going back for dinner sometime soon.  I can't believe it's taken me this long to check this place out!

Cafe Campagne
1600 Post Alley
Seattle, WA 98101

Brunch: Saturday - Sunday 8:00am - 4:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
             Friday - Saturday 5:30pm - 11:00pm
             Sunday 5:30pm - 10:30pm
Cafe Campagne on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment