Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Anthropologie B**ch at U Village

Today, I have a rant. I am so angry and upset that I need to vent.

I went in to the U Village Anthro yesterday evening to return a couple things I had purchased online, and saw that an additional 25% off sale had started! Woo Hoo!  I found a couple tops and went to the line and waited patiently behind about 10 people.

After about 10-15 minutes, I was finally next.  I was happy about the top I'd found, so I wasn't feeling impatient.  I saw a cashier open, but waited to be waved over.  Her friend approached and they chatted for about 5 minutes - no biggie, I wasn't in any hurry.



So, she waved me over.  I explained that I needed to return a couple things, and purchase a couple things - she said "ok".  Now mind you, I was in a great mood, so even after waiting while this girl chatted with her friend, I wasn't irritated in the least bit.  She started to process the return, rolling her eyes the entire time.  My thought - "This girl is totally over her job!" But it was so busy there, I didn't take it personally.

When I saw on the little screen that a dress I was returning (Paid $69.95) was being refunded $29.95, I stopped her and asked why.  She said, "that's what your receipt shows.".    I said, "uh, no, can you please check again, because I know I paid $69.95."  She changed the amount being refunded immediately, without checking anything.  I thought that was odd.

So she took her time doing everything, total transaction took about 35 minutes - again, no problem, I wasn't in a hurry.  Then when she was done, she rudely tossed the receipt in the bag, and shoved the bag at me, saying, "Here." with a roll of the eyes again.  She shoved the bag so hard, it started to fall off the counter and the contents almost spilled on to the floor.   My reaction, WTF??? So I picked up the bag, and pushed everything back inside, but the only thing I could muster was, "You don't have to be such a bitch!!"  And I turned to walk out.  It's one of those times I wish I had come up with a witty response immediately, not 2 days later!

I stopped the greeter at the front and asked for the cashier's name.  She told me that her name was Kristen.  I figured that I was too angry at this point to talk to the manager, but I would call later after I calmed down.

My SO stayed at the mall and went to dinner, and I told him the story (He doesn't like to go in Anthro, he went to the Apple store) - He advised me to talk to the store manager.  I was actually nearly in tears (Must've been PMS, I don't usually cry that easily...) I felt upset.  I felt unwelcomed in one of my favorite stores that I have spent thousands of dollars at.  I have NEVER had a rude salesperson at Anthropologie - They have always been over the top nice to me.  Even if this bitch was having a bad day, I didn't deserve to be treated like that.

I looked at my receipt and realized she had failed to deduct the additional 25% from my purchases. ARGHHH!! Now I had to go back!!!  I didn't want to see her.  I didn't want to ever go to the U Village Anthro again I was so upset.My SO calmed me down and said that I shouldn't let one person ruin it for me - that I have always had good experiences there, but that I should complain.

I went back to Anthro, and talked to the store manager - who was really nice, but I don't know if it was fake or not.  I told her what happened and she apologized profusely on behalf of Kristen, and told me that she would "have a conversation with her".  She adjusted my 25% refund and asked if there was anything she could do for me to resolve what had happened - I told her that I don't want anything, and that I am just appalled that anyone would treat a customer like that.    I left feeling a little better but still really angry.

My SO made an Xtranormal video about it that gave me a laugh.  But I was still feeling unsettled, so I wrote a letter to Anthropologie, I haven't sent it yet (procrastinator!) - But I will.

Since then, I have gone back to the U Village store, and fortunately I haven't seen that bitch since.  I hope she got fired.  argh!

No comments:

Post a Comment